Looking for a CalSTRS or CalPERS home mortgage loan?
CalPERS, the largest public employee pension fund in the nation, suspended its home loan program in December of 2010. Matt the Mortgage Guy is proud to offer the CalPATH home loan to replace the CalSTRS and CalPERS home loan programs. The CalPATH home loan program with Answer Home Loans have the same guidelines and can be completed very quickly.
CalSTRS Home Loan for Teachers in California
CalSTRS Loan Eligibility
- Any teacher or employee of a public school or community college
- Anyone eligible for CalSTRS pension benefits
- Do not have to be currently employed
This is a program available exclusively to clients and is designed to benefit those that serve our local communities… it’s our way of saying “thank you!”
To qualify for CalPATH, you must be a member of one of the following:
- California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Legislators Retirement System (LRS)
- Judges Retirement System (JRS)
- Or a Employee of a California Public Agency
Features/Benefits of a CalPERS Home Loan
- One time free rate float down
- Do NOT have to be a First time home buyer
- No up front and no monthly paid PMI
- No income limitations
- Interest rate is ‘below market’ and set by CalSTRS – cannot buy the rate down
- Seller can concede up to 35 for closing costs
- Origination fee set by CalSTRS at 1.25%
- CalSTRS regulates/sets fees
- Generally more affordable than FHA financing for many reasons
CalPERS CalSTRS Max Loan Amount
- Up to $417,000 conforming loan amount
- Up to $536,082 jumbo loan amount
CalPERS CalSTRS Property Requirements
- Owner Occupied
- located in California
- Cannot own other properties
- Single family, condo/town homes and PUD’s are eligible
At Answer Home Loans we are a direct lender committed to providing low down payment and other government assistance loan programs such as CalPATH, FHA, VA, USDA, and other community lending programs.
Call Matt, your CalPERS Home Purchase and Mortgage Refinance Program specialist: 916-529-7600
Answer Home Loans has no affiliation to CalPERS. CalPATH is not a CalPERS home loan program. All applications are subject to underwriting guidelines and approval. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act. NMLS# 164497.
Teachers & Public Employees – check out
CalSTRS, CalPERS, LRS & JRS members, Answer Home Loans has designed a program to benefit those that serve our local communities. CalPATH is a program available exclusively to our clients.
FHA Streamline | FHA Cash-Out | FHA 203K | VA Streamline | VA Cash-Out | USDA Streamline
Conventional | HELOC | DU Refi Plus | Open Acces | And More!